Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Loose armrest on highback seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
free1959
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose armrest on highback seats

After searching the web and not finding what I needed to know, I just figured out on my own how to tighten up my flipdown armrests and thought I would post it here. With the armrest in the down position, you can just barely see the big screw/stop under the armrest at the pivoting end. Take your largest phillips screwdriver and remove this screw. You can then pull the armrest straight out off the pivot pin. Tighten the other 2 screws you exposed and put it all back together. This is for a '97. I don't know what year range Dodge used this method of construction.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Dodgeys Owner
Amateur

Sounds nice, i'll check if the procedure will work on my '88 Ram wagon, it has thesame problem with almost rattling armrests. Thread-lock, such as loctite, is the way, once it's all seperated - then there's little risk of it to come loose again over time.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
dajiban
Thumbs up Loose armrest dodge van

Thanks much! I literally took the backrest halfway appart peeling up the seat cover to try and tighten it from the inside with no luck. I've been looking for info for a couple of months but couldn't find anything. Never thought I should be laying down on the floor looking up under the armrest since the thing pivots. Thank you thank you thank you!

If you haven't heard yet, these full size dodge vans are SUPER popular in Japan, they RACE these ****'s and call them DAJIBAN (the japanese pronunciation of Dodge van I guess). It's all over youtube and it's AWESOME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU0RA..._order&list=UL

Oh My God Pancakes did a story on the phenomenon here:

http://omgpancakes.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/dajiban/

Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Leeann
Rookie

I posted this quite a while back for another member...this is for a '90:

Old 04-23-2011, 10:03 PM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks for that info

Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM
free1959

Dajiban, the pics and video are cool. Nice to see that someone is still customizing with a new twist. It makes me want to drop mine and put some rims on it.

Quick Reply: Loose armrest on highback seats