Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1979 Sportsman Suspension Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
LeeFred
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 Sportsman Suspension Kit

Hi:

Does anyone make a front suspension kit for this particular van? I'm actually looking for a rebuild kit for the front end on a Jamboree Rallye RV, 18 foot based on the '79 Sportsman chassis. The steering and straight-ahead ride on this vehicle is pretty sloppy. I replaced the steering column coupler already, which helped quite a bit. However, driving down the road is still a thrill-a-minute - tends to wander more than I like, and corrective action takes a little too much time to take effect. Sometimes the vehicle just darts to one side or the other, and going around curves is always fun I rebuilt the front-end on my Mustang and replaced the bushings with polyurethane, and that really helped. Is there any such kit for the '79 Sportsman? Thanks for any info!

Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM
LeeFred
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In an answer to my own question, one place to look is: www.p-s-t.com They have polyurethane (or polygraphite) kits for this particular van. I'll still have to go to other sources for other parts, if necessary, but here's a link others might be able to use.

Quick Reply: 1979 Sportsman Suspension Kit