Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Coil Spring Isolator differences '89 to '94.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:59 AM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coil Spring Isolator differences '89 to '94.

The Moog k160037 isolators I ordered are not listed as compatible with an 1989 b250. The Pic of the Moog isolator reveals a different product than the one shown in the Haynes manual.

I am hoping the Moog product is a product improvement over the OEM design. and will indeed work, and be an improvement with possibly another 1/2 inch of suspension lift.

Is there a fundamental difference in where the coil spring rests against the frame in the '94 to '89 model years.

Here is a diagram of the suspension.

What say you all, will the part I ordered work? Do you think I'll have to modify it, or order the original's from Mopar.

I am doing a more detailed thread over on Vannin.
http://www.vannin.com/threads/ubbthr...tml#Post401349

Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM
RussellRowell
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced my ball joints, springs and isolators a while back. I used all moog and the one you have pictured looked like the one's I installed. Don't let the Haynes manual confuse you. When I pulled off the originals, they looked the same thickness as the new isolators. So don't get excited about any lift. If it's sagging, get some new springs. As far as your issue with incompatibility. You will not know until you get your spring out to see if it fit's on top of the spring. If your gonna go the distance, you might as well replace the springs and ball joints. My van rides like brand new since I did all that. GL

Old 07-30-2010, 08:11 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, yours is a '96 and those MOOG Isolators are listed for your year.

But even if the Coil spring receiver in the frame up top is a little narrower on mine, I will take a razor to the isolators and make them work.

My upper ball joint driver side has 1/4 inch slop!

I got the new Moog 7272 Coil springs, and the factory service manual in the mail today.
I'm 70% sure the springs I have are the equivalent of 7270. They could be 7268 diameter. It's hard to measure diameter they are so rusty.
XRF Ball joints and tie rod ends, and MOOG UCA and LCA bushings ends arrive Tuesday.

Thanks for the response!

Quick Reply: Coil Spring Isolator differences '89 to '94.