Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Window regulator discrepancy ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Chazwel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess the answer is no, I was hoping to get the part at a junk yard but I guess I am stuck buying online. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM
idh63
Default Window Regulator B1500 Ram Van

Does anyone know if this A1electric "Ram Van Power Window Kit" works as a replacement for broken factory power window regulators? I guess more specifically; Is the electrical plug and socket the same as the factory wiring?

Last edited by idh63; 03-25-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

When I bought my van it had manual windows. So I bought and installed the A1E kit. Everything bolted right in as far as the regulators go. There was no electrical in place for me, so I ran all the wires myself. So to answer your question on the regulators yes, it's a direct fit. I cannot answer the pigtail question since I didn't have any.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 PM
dadof9
Default same problem - solution found

I have/had the exact same regulator (same part #) and the same problem (frayed cable strands) - like the original poster I tried everything and everywhere to find one - finally gave up looking and just rebuilt it - took it apart - replaced the cable (purchased at a local hardware store) - put back together (not too bad) - and it works fine - repaired for around 6 dollars and a couple of hours of labor.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Networker

Originally Posted by Chazwel
So I guess the answer is no, I was hoping to get the part at a junk yard but I guess I am stuck buying online. Thanks.
Hi,
My 2000 1500 RAM Van came with electric windows and door locks from the factory. Both were listed as options, as was a few other things.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Networker

Originally Posted by egca
Hello All -- wondering if someone here might have some experience with a broken window regulator, and more importantly, finding parts that everybody says they've never seen before?

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion (B1500, per the VIN). The driver's side window regulator broke (cable tied up on itself).

When I source a new regulator, everyone is trying to sell me a scissor-type regulator. However, the regulator that came out of the vehicle is a cable type mechanism. I can't seem to find the cable type of regulator on-line anywhere, and no store can seem to source it either.

Does anyone have any thoughts about why this part is so hard to find? And might you have a lead on where to sort out finding one? Need the regulator only, not the motor.

I would REALLY appreciate your help here -- I'm running up against a dead end. Thanks, in advance!

-E
Hi,
How did you resolve this? I got the same problem, except I also need the sleeves(?) and the plastic "bushing" under the spiral springs on the end that goes to the drum. One end got chewed up and broke.

Still, I am a bit reluctant to buy two complete units for $200+ when I just need (parts of) one.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:01 PM
rambuddy137

I have a 2000 ram 1500 with power windows. I had the driver window regulator go bad beyond repair. I found a Dodge parts company in Augusta, KS(can't remember the name will look for reciept when I get home) that had a replacement that looked just like the one pictured. Installed and works great. Will post name of company after work today.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

I added power windows in my van. I was able to get the kit from here: http://www.a1electric.com/

They should have a regulator and a motor that will fit perfectly. I think the Dakota is the same regular as our vans.
http://www.a1electric.com/catalog/cat_chryslermtr.htm

Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
rambuddy137

The name of the company is Parks Motors in Augusta, KS The website is www.parksmotors.com. My 2000 ram van 1500 is also a starcraft conversion van. I paid a little over $100 for driverside window regulator back in February of this year. It looks just like the pictures posted earlier.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Networker

Originally Posted by alloro
I added power windows in my van. I was able to get the kit from here: http://www.a1electric.com/

They should have a regulator and a motor that will fit perfectly. I think the Dakota is the same regular as our vans.
http://www.a1electric.com/catalog/cat_chryslermtr.htm
This kit was mentioned earlier, and I'm sure it will work. However, they will only sell it in pairs and I really only need one. I'm a little reluctant to pay $220.- when I only need the cables for one.

But if that turns out to be the only option I will most likely do it.

Quick Reply: Window regulator discrepancy ....