Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Brake light not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 PM
slowgls
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light not working

Hey noob here needing some help. Just picked up a 94 Ram van 2500 with i believe to have a 318 v8. My brake lights don't seem to be working.The tails and turns work fine but not the brakes.Tried to find the fuse to see if it was blown but cant fined witch one it is.Can someone give me a diagram of the fuse panel in the glove box? If the fuse in not blown then would it be the stop light switch? The reason im asking is the van didn't come with a owners manual.Thanks Kyle.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

I don't have the fuse diagram, but you really don't need it since there's only like 10 fuses or something silly like that. I would first take a test light or a meter and test the brake switch down at the pedal. One side should have +12v to ground all the time, and the second side of the switch should have the same whenever the pedal is pressed.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM
slowgls

Well i figured out which fuse it is on alldata. Its number 17 the last one. So if the fuse is good then the switch is bad, right?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may well be the switch. Pull the connector off of the switch and make a jumper with either a wire or paper clip and jump the connector. If lights work then replace the switch.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:11 PM
slowgls

Ok so i found the right fuse replaced it and brake lights now work.Yea. any way thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Brake light not working