Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

wiring help for 95 b2500 mark III

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011 | 12:24 AM
95-b2500vader
|
Default wiring help for 95 b2500 mark III

I have 95 b2500 mark III 8cyl. 5.2 liter that has very dim interior lights and main light above passenger captain seats that does not work. The lights have been like this since I got the van from my brother-in-law 2.5 years ago. The battery and alt. are both good and head lights are nice and bright. I have minimal knowledge of electrical wiring, but know how to read a multimeter. Can anyone point me to the first place to check. Please don't tell me to check the dimmer switch @ the head lamps because it doesn't do anything. Should it? Is it dodge wiring side, or am i looking on the conversion wiring side? Any information would be graciously accepted. If more information is needed let me know, because I don't know where to begin. Also, does anyone know where to get wiring diagrams for this van?

Old 01-18-2011 | 12:25 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker

Did you check/replace the bulbs?

Old 01-18-2011 | 12:36 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator

I would start by confirming if the voltage at the bulb socket is the same as the battery voltage. If it is, the previous owner might simply have put in low wattage bults.

The headlight dimmer is supposed to dim the instrument cluster lights. It was never designed to dim the interior lights, however, when turned all the way it should turn the interior lights on, even when all of the doors are closed.

Old 01-18-2011 | 11:47 PM
stev
Record Breaker

On most of these conversion vans, there is an electrical access panel behind the driver's seat along the lower part of the wall panel. You might find a few breakers or fuse items there.

CPCparts bought out the bankrupt Mark III in the 90s. Many of the employees now work for CPCparts. They should be able to help you.

http://cpcparts.com/products/results.asp?nCatID=28&nSubCatID=150&sSubCat=Switch %20Panels%20&%20Switches%20-%20MARK%20III

The part should be about this size using the mini buzz fuses with a cover plate. There are about 14 styles like this one.

This is what CPCparts displays on their site for an electrical diagram for their conversions.

Also, for those looking up Coachmen RV conversion van info, CPCparts has the switch panels since Forest River bought out Coachman.

Last edited by stev; 01-18-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2011 | 12:10 AM
95-b2500vader
|

i haven't checked bulbs because all interior lights are at the same brightness. I feel it is too much of a coincidence that it would be the bulbs, but you are right for
having me check there first.

I'm sorry if i don't respond quickly, i am also dealing with brake issues on my truck as well and it has priority. Thanks for helping out.

Quick Reply: wiring help for 95 b2500 mark III