Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 AM
AsheAnubis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

My van (1996 B2500) used to stall on me all the time, it would pop, not run, not start. I went to check the fuel filter and found that these vans do not have an outside fuel filter, its actually built into the fuel pump its self? So I change the fuel pump, and it fixed the stalling problem, but it did not fix the popping and poor fuel consumption when I press the gas pedal, also sometimes the van acts like its getting very little fuel and goes 10 miles an hour, if that. Wondering what other things I can try to get it running right.

Thanks in advance.
Stephen

Old 01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by AsheAnubis
the van acts like its getting very little fuel and goes 10 miles an hour, if that. Wondering what other things I can try to get it running right.
I would first test or replace the TPS up on the throttle body. If that doesn't solve it then it sounds like either a fuel or a ignition timing issue. The fuel timing is controlled by the pick-up coil (cam sensor) inside of the distributor. The ignition timing is controlled by the crankshaft position sensor mounted in the passenger side bellhousing about 7" away from the distributor.