Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1997 Dodge 2500 Van

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM
casharoonie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Dodge 2500 Van

I have a 1997 Dodge 2500 Van...I purchased it not running....I have replaced the following.....computer, fuel pump, timing chain and gears, fuel injectors, spark plugs, pickup coil, crankcase sensor, coil....
It still won't start, I have 55 lbs. of fuel pressure....the firing order is correct...and the number one cyl. is set on the compression stroke with the roter button pointing at number one cyl. It wants to start but won't...the spark plugs have like a black sut on them..I have one person told me that the fuel is being injected into the cyl. to late, that I have spark then fuel, they told me that has to happen at the same time...don't know...I have turned the timing every which way, still no start...can you advise?

Thank you

Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Do you have 12 volts on the primary coil wires when the key is on?

Looking straight from the back of the engine, down at the distributor, the #1 tower should be in the 1:00 to 2:00 range.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a black box on top of the radiator that is called the PDC (Power Distribution Center). Open this box and you will find several relays and fuses in it. If you find that you don't have 12 volts to the coil then swap the ASD relay with the AC relay and see if the van will start.

Quick Reply: 1997 Dodge 2500 Van