Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dumb Move - Need Caliper Brackets for 91 B250

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:11 AM
bernefj60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb Move - Need Caliper Brackets for 91 B250

Hi guys,

I screwed up. During the disassembly of the front end on my 91 B250, i took the knuckle apart for cleaning and set the parts aside. As happens, I didn't actually have all the parts for re-assembly at the time, and so, 6 months later during reassembly, noticed a glaring omission as I tried to install the new calipers: there was nothing to bolt them to.

Apparently, I became a bit overzealous in my garage clean out and, like a dummy, tossed the caliper brackets into a bin of parts from another project that I sold. So, I have a van ready to roll on an ENTIRELY new front end (everything: upper and lower control arms, springs, shocks, hardware, sway bar, bearings, calipers, lines, etc) but without the brackets that bolt to the knuckle, i can't install the brakes.

I feel stupid, but I need the parts. Anyone have a set laying around that you'd be willing to part with? I know i can go to a pick-and-pull, but it's a PITA, and I'm not 20 anymore.

TIA

Rob
Alexandria, VA

Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some salvage yards will pull them for you but may add a small charge for it.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

You can try finding them here: http://www.car-part.com/
That's a network of junkyards that will ship the parts out to you, or perhaps will find a local yard (sort by distance) that has them ready for pick-up.

Quick Reply: Dumb Move - Need Caliper Brackets for 91 B250