Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Never saw this on a tire before.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Never saw this on a tire before.

Long story short I blew out a tire on my van last month at a scrap yard while there to unload some steel. I put on a spare that three years ago was the best of the tires on the van at that time when I upgraded to the Goodyear Wrangler series. Just yesterday I noticed some weird discoloration around the white wall and this is what I found.

Closer look

And another

Though they don't last as long as I would like I went back with another full set of Goodyear Wranglers. Except for mileage (Goodyear claims 50K but I get about 30K) I do like them. I have never gotten stuck in snow or mud with them.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only seen something like this on really aged tires. It is very strange to see just the white wall strip like that.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain

Originally Posted by Mobile Auto Repair
Though they don't last as long as I would like I went back with another full set of Goodyear Wranglers. Except for mileage (Goodyear claims 50K but I get about 30K) I do like them. I have never gotten stuck in snow or mud with them.
Always pays to buy name brand tires. I also just purchased a set of Goodyear Wrangler RTS tires which I'm hoping to get some good service from. I will say out of the gate that they are by far the quietest set of new tires I've ever had on a Ram van. Now let's see how long they last. At least I got a good price - $90 each installed with new valve stems and speed balanced.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker

^I thought the Goodyear Wrangler's were a Name Brand Tire? I know it is the starting out Wrangler series tire where you bought a step or two up from that.

Or are you referring to the old spare pictured above?

Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain

Originally Posted by Mobile Auto Repair
...Or are you referring to the old spare pictured above?
Yes I was. Never heard of Peerelss tires before.

Quick Reply: Never saw this on a tire before.