Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1996 B1500 Ram Van issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:24 PM
nj85z28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 B1500 Ram Van issues

My brother in law bought this van and he was told it needed a fuel pump. I was going over it and following the fuel lines and electrical lines after the van would not start and I found a strange Tee fitting up by the transmission, almost as if it were to hook up to something in that area. it has 2 lines coming in and then the third port is on top and sits at 90 degrees. it looks like the fuel line comes from the rear of the van, to this tee fitting and then another line comes out and goes to the fuel pressure regulator i believe. but the tee fitting i cannot find where it hooks up or if there are parts missing. i really need a fuel line diagram for this van, its a 1996 B1500 Ram with the 6 cylinder engine. any pictures or of this line or a diagram is greatly appreciated. i have tried to use the online chiltons manual and hours of google searching for a free pdf of the factory manual with zero luck. so if someone could help me out i would be very happy to get this thing running.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:15 AM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do wait for a member more knowledgeable about magnum era vans to chime in, but I believe that the FP regulator on that year is located in the fuel pump module which is located in the fuel tank.

The only reason can think of for a T fitting in that area is for the charcoal fuel vapor cannister.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:36 AM
nj85z28

the t fitting is up by the transmission. it looks like it could reach easily up near the distributor. not by the fuel tank

Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 AM
ComicDom1
Professional

When I was in either advanced auto parts or auto zone I noticed they still had the old haynes books that cover that year dodge.

You can also find them on ebay.

Another alternative is that you might be able to get a local dodge dealer parts guy to give you a parts diagram for the year of your Van at no charge. That should show how the parts in the fuel system go together.

I do know that sometimes the parts stores have a similar diagram that they can pull up on their computers.

Jason

Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
gazza101
Rookie

Well I found a gem of a website!

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/default.aspx

indulge yourself in it I know I am!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget about the FREE online Chilton manual courtesy of the state of Michigan library system. Check out the Stickys for info on this; you may find a good diagram there.

Remember that the fuel makes a complete loop from the tank thru your fuel rail and then back to the tank, so one of those lines is fuel supply and one of them is fuel return. The other stuff you are seeing there is most likely part of the fuel vapor recovery system.

Quick Reply: 1996 B1500 Ram Van issues