Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

99 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Spindle/Knuckle

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, the new inner race will slide on and go right where the one you removed was. Be sure it is all the way back just like this one you just removed.

Not sure what the pic posting policy is. I think you might have to be here longer.

Glad to help I hope you get this replaced today without it being too much more trouble.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Sean.M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the whole spindle get greased before the race goes on?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 PM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok this will probably be simpler:

The inner race is actually normally attached to bearing cage so it doesnt get installed separately. The spindle does not need to be heavily greased but a little will help the new bearing slide into place more easily.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Sean.M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackvan
Ok this will probably be simpler:

http://youtu.be/5rEmkYe4jvc

The inner race is actually normally attached to bearing cage so it doesnt get installed separately. The spindle does not need to be heavily greased but a little will help the new bearing slide into place more easily.

Thanks. I saw this after it was done and the piece stuck on the spindle was the bearing frame but mine completely popped apart and I finished it and got it all put back together a hour or two ago. Sure do appreciate the help and it was a successful deal.

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Spindle/Knuckle