Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Power window stops working

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Power window stops working

I have had an annoying problem on my '01 B2500 since I got it about a year ago. The passenger side power window usually works. However, sometimes no matter if the control is worked from driver or passenger side, the window will freeze dead in it's track. It will not move until a period of time goes by... usually about 2-5 minutes. If you try too early to make it work, the window will power up or down but stop again after just a couple of inches of travel. The problem seems to only come if you lower the window, then immeadiately flip the switch to reverse direction. The window will stop in the lowered position and you will have to wait a few minutes to be able to bring it back up. It is as if some control overheats and than resets itself after cooling down. Problem is I don't know where to look to replace such a device, or even if that is the problem. The driver's side window does not have the issue... I can lower then raise then lower the window without any freezing issue.

As always I appreciate anyone that can give me some insight on this.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

The motor has a thermal overload built into it. It sounds like that is failing and giving you the problem. Changing the motor should solve the problem.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the information alloro... I will check that out

Quick Reply: Power window stops working