Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1992 B250, blower motor help

Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
jec444
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 B250, blower motor help

Hello, I have checked a few posts on this issue but I am stumped at the moment.
I bought a used B250 recently and the blower motor doesn't work at all. I used a test light at the blower motor connector and got no voltage.
So, I used the test light in the fuse box with the fuse removed and I got voltage.
I then tested the connector into the heater switch and got no voltage.
I then pierced the wire before the connector and again got no reading.
So, I have voltage at the fuse box but not at the end of the wire coming out of it.
All the wires are wrapped up nicely so I'm thinking there isn't any problem with them. (It's about 24" of wire in between)
That leaves simply the fuse box right?
I'm not too experienced with electrical so I may be overlooking something simple.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM
bucketlip

dont know if this will help much but i just changed my blower motor. my motor was bad. i found out by connecting it directly to a battery with some jumper wires and it did nothing. i before i changed the motor i only had 2 speeds. the fellow at the auto parts store showed me where theres a blower motor resistor (or somethin like that) that is mounted in the heater box. very easy to get to. i guess its a common problem and you can lose different fan speeds this way. even allspeeds. now that i replaced the motor i only have one speed so i'll be going back up to plug the resistor in at the store and see if it fixes it. i guess the switch go bad to. also easy to get to get to. there a video on youtube that shows you how. just search dodge van blower switch

Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
motobecane1

Sooo, you checked the wire on the outbound side of the fusebox by piercing it? Just trying to get a feel for how close you were to the box. Also what condition is the rest of the box visually? I've seen bad connections at the contacts before.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:40 PM
DEADHEADB250

can someone help me also. I bought a 92 b250 and the electric switch for the bed wont work and i cant seem to figure out how to get the bed down manually?!? Any help would be great.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not sure what bed is??? Is this a conversion van with some type of sleeping area that you use for a bed? Maybe I'm off-base here, but I don't think you have described your problem very well for anyone to provide an answer. Give us more detail as to what you have and what the problem is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 B250, blower motor help