Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

8-lug 2500/3500 Ram Pickup Wheel Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 01:54 AM
DoubleWasp
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8-lug 2500/3500 Ram Pickup Wheel Compatibility

Today, after upgrading to a set of Alcoa dump truck wheels, a friend of mine gave me the factory wheels from his Ram 3500 SRW. Don't have a pic onhand, but they look exactly like this: http://www.serenitysys.com/rv/dodge_...G_AT_tires.jpg

Knowing that the front end of our vans was more likely to give fitment issues than the rear, I mounted the first wheel on the front passenger side. When I put the wheel up on the hub, it actually appeared to be hubcentric to the hub, and the wheel fell flush. I bolted it into place with 2 lug nuts (same lugs as ours) and then found that the wheel would not turn at all.

Apparently, there is some interference between the brake caliper mounting bracket and the back of the wheel. It's a damn shame, because I really like these wheels.

Just thought I'd give the heads up before anyone else wasted their time. Now to put these up on craigslist for a person who can really use them.

Quick Reply: 8-lug 2500/3500 Ram Pickup Wheel Compatibility