Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1995 B3500 Trailer Brake Controller Mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Traver8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 B3500 Trailer Brake Controller Mounting?

Hi All,

I have searched through the forums and have not found any information about where people have mounted brake controllers in their vans. I have a 1995 B3500 and am trying to find a good place to mount one. Under the dash seems difficult with the brake release on the left and the hood release on the right of the column. So far, I am thinking about mounting it on top of the dash on the far left side and would just remove it when not in use leaving a short wiring pigtail and mounting bracket behind.

Any thoughts / feedback / opinions ???

Thanks

Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 PM
iodj44
Veteran

Your correct not many spots to choose from, I mounted our
controller on the lower panel right beneath the steering column.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 AM
familytruxter
Amateur

I just put one in today in my B250 (1993) and I put it between the column and the hood release latch. Its not the best place but it doesnt hit my knee and there was already a hole in the firewall to run wires through. Be careful though, some controllers must be mounted level to work correctly.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 PM
jpkinnin

I've got a 96, and mounted mine to the left of the steering column, right under the mirror control and O/D off panel, where the dash starts to angle down. I had to turn the park brake release handle from horizontal to vertical, so it would not interfere. I have a Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller. It's easy to see and get to, but not in the way when getting in and out.

Quick Reply: 1995 B3500 Trailer Brake Controller Mounting?