Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

If it were a horse, I'd shoot it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
tiedyechuck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never know when it may throw a fit, warm or cold. Or it may not have an episode for a day or two under any conditions. This has led me into false hope several times already. I guess I'll break down and take it in for testing as I think I may have reached my limits on what I can test myself.
If it turns out to be the PCM, that is something I can replace myself? I read someplace that it needs to be programed and not all shop can do so. What have you heard about this?
If it turns out to need a new engine and I go that route (kinda doubtful) I would probably go with a 318 and to heck with this under-powered 6 cylinder. I doubt the gas mileage would be any worse than it already is.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
funair02
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing....make SURE you are using a OEM O2 sensor...

Believe me, I did not believe it at first, but the OEM NTK makes a world of difference...

BTW when I did the heads, I added 1.7 RR and a high flow cat. I haven't dyno'de it, but I would suspect I picked up 25 HP. Here in hot, stop and go traffic I get 13 (I was only getting 9 with a crappy O2 sensor and burnt heads)

Quick Reply: If it were a horse, I'd shoot it.