Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:14 PM
jimemeone
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram

I have a 2001 1500 conversion van that a mechanic friend of mine is trouble shooting an electrical problem and he needs a wiring diagram. If I leave it over night with the battery connected it kills the battery. Had the battery and charging system tested at Autozone and that's all good. He looked at it today and said there was a major draw when he connected the cables.
Any help with the wiring diagram would really help.
Thanks/Jim

Old 11-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are many wiring diagrams for this van.

The way I start tracing down the draw is to pull fuses one at a time and see when the current draw stops. Then you know which circuit(s) is your problem. Most likely you will find a relay that is stuck on when it should not be. Or a light like in a vanity mirror of the sun visor stuck on.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
oleman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have 2001 A1500 starcraft conversion.
Had a slow leak in battery, would gradually discharge over about 2 weeks.
Culprit was a courtesy light on at the passenger door post at the floor level.
You will never see it on unless it is very dark inside.
Door ajar circuit is always made --- easy fix remove all the bulbs.
The wiring diagram for the A1500 - 3500 is in the service manual available from Ma Chrysler for the 2001 model.
The conversion wiring comes from the conversion company, but could be still available.
The rear air manual is available with wiring diagrams from the rear air company.
With all the extra crap added by the conversion company you really need their wiring diagrams too.
At this point I am thinking the timer module is bad causing the door ajar system to always be energized or there is a door ajar wire grounded.

Quick Reply: Wiring diagram