Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

The Last Ram Van

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:07 PM
katzdan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The Last Ram Van

Hi Guys,
New Member here. I've been searching the net for a good work Van for my woodworking Business.
Came across a 2003 LWB 3500 Van w/ a fiberglass HI top. I think this is the last year they built these.
The van looks to be in real good shape, but has 220K on the OD.
They're asking $2400. Sounds like a deal. Any advice?
Dank

Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Tommy555
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice would be the same as with any other vehicle. Make sure it runs good and doesn't have any major issues. Make sure there aren't any transmission or engine leaks that you can't live with or easily fix. If there are issues, make sure you're willing to invest the time and money into fixing the problems and are going into the purchase knowing exactly what you're getting into. Basically, no one is going to be able to look at your van over the internet or tell you what to do based on mileage or model year, so you're going to have to be the one to make sure that your purchase is a good one.

In any event, the easiest thing to do would be to take the van to a place and have them lift it up in the air. You'll probably be able to get a good idea of what you're getting into from there.

Last edited by Tommy555; 12-24-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would see how low you can get the price if you find you are interested in this van.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2003/...n-127-6/Values

Price is high for that mileage. But I would not shy away just because of the mileage. Do as the post above me points out and throughly check out the van. If you find the van is sound and nothing discourages you from it then work on getting the price down some if you can.