Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

FNG- Leroy 97 b2500 van

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Someday69
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG- Leroy 97 b2500 van

I into this van $2400 and I drove it from Portland to san francisco bay..
I had the overdrive light on the whole time. thought that ment I was in overdrive! Turns out I was wrong..bad gas mileage...Question= should I change the senors in the trans, with the cascade master solenoid kit? Or just change the filter and fluid? I'm changing all fluids. and all ball joints, and control arm bushings, tie rod ends and stabilizer bushings links. What kind of shocks should I use/? I bought a 250 ft.lbs clicker torque wrench, I've only got a 80 ft.lbs on now..cause the bolts at the upper control arms are 210 ft.lbs...I bought the 9/64th'' socket,for the threaded B.J.'s...
This is going to take this old man, weeks to even start..let alone finish..
I just want to be safe...like I don't even want to use a spring compressor if I can just unload it with lowering the lower control arm...hell I got'a take off everything anyway>>!!
It's a V6 3.9, with a 46RE trany...at least I think so..after all it's a 97 with overdrive...

Here's a complicated question?""; the door panel plate reads 10/96....
Yet the title is 97....
My question is Does it have the sequential multiple port F.I. that came out for the 97 - 3.9 V6 engine..or just the mutiple port F.I. that stated in 94????
Is there any way to tell??

Thanks for the help...I am just starting out on this quest, with no table or vise yet I do have a drive way, so I don't have to be out on the street with my ars in the wind....later....