Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Which manuals for a 2003 3500 Maxi (Class B)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 01:28 PM
pjw73nh
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which manuals for a 2003 3500 Maxi (Class B)

Greetings, I have a 3500 RAM Maxi. I am looking for a set of MOPAR manuals for it.

I looked on EBAY and for 2003 I only see "Supplements". Do I have to buy a set of 2002 and THEN get a set of 2003 supplements as well? it's rather confusing to me.

Any thoughts or insight much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by pjw73nh; 05-02-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what is it that you are trying to find in the manuals? what info do you seek?

I think the 2001 manuals cover the 2003 with only updates or supplements to maybe some of the troubleshooting procedures. The procedures make up much of the manuals. I would think wiring for instance would be basically the same.

I bought then sold with my van in December a set of 2001 manuals, which was complete for $70 off ebay last spring, just FYI.

I did copy some of the important stuff in those manuals like wiring and connector info. I can make that stuff available to you if that would help.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 AM
pjw73nh
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RSdata, thanks for the reply and the offer. I appreciate it. I am not looking for anything specific. I am a DIY mechanic and I like to have as much info as possible for any vehicle I own. Thanks again for the offer, but I think I am going to see if I get any other replies. If not, I'll probably just buy a set of 2002s and then get the supplements...

Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand... I felt the same way... until I looked at the manuals... the problem I was having was electrical... all of the procedures in the manual that tried to pinpoint an electrical (keeping engine running ) problem revolved around the use of a Chrysler specific computer that cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $3K. Without that computer I only had the ability to trace wires and check connectors, which the manual did provide invaluable info. I never was able to solve my problem without spending hundreds and maybe even more trying parts and maybe even going back to the dealer for diagnostic work ( at $130+ an hour) work. I found in the little that I did work with a dealer, that many mechanics do not deal well with their products that approach 15+ years in age. In the end it was just not worth it for me anymore, which is why I sold the van for a pittance.

I did find this forum useful for many problems. I did find however that there are slight differences in model years, even from 2001 to 2002, especially when it came down to engine control functions via electronics. Probably due to changing pollution and CAFE standards.

Good luck...

Old 03-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Matthew6279
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is everyones thoughts on the CD manuals? There is one on ebay that says it's a licenses reproduction from Mopar. I want one for my 99 3500.