Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

AC Condenser fan on a 1999 1500 VAN?

Old 05-29-2017, 02:06 PM
JeremyVegas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Condenser fan on a 1999 1500 VAN?

I have a common issue with my 1999 Ram Van 1500 5.2 where the AC blows cold on the highway and hot at idle. In Las Vegas, this is more than a nuisance

From what I've read, this typically means the AC Condenser Fan needs to be replaced, so I popped the hood to get a look and... I don't see one.

Quick search on AutoZone.com for the part and... I don't see it listed.

Does this mean that my van doesn't have an AC Condenser fan? And if so, what would cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-30-2017, 09:25 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyVegas
Does this mean that my van doesn't have an AC Condenser fan? And if so, what would cause this problem?
The mechanical radiator fan takes care of the condenser as well since it runs all the time. There is only a separate condenser fan when there is an electric radiator fan.

Your issue could be due to the fan clutch slipping and not spinning fast enough at idle, the refrigerant charge could be low, or the compressor could be worn. The only way to diagnose it further is to connect gauges and see what the readings are at idle and at 1500 rpms.

Search this Thread