Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Small diameter white tube?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 09:27 PM
lorricarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small diameter white tube?

While replacing the alternator on the 1998 Dodge Ram 3500 van, my partner broke a small white tube. We could not find a connector small enough to join the parts. After searching many resources, we have been unable to identify the part. Can anyone identify this part? Thanks!

Old 07-03-2017, 11:29 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

That's the heater valve. When on Max AC and the temperature **** is turned to the cold setting, vacuum is applied to the valve to shut down the flow of hot coolant through the heater core.

Rather than a connector, you can repair the vacuum line by slipping a piece of rubber vacuum hose over both ends.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:44 AM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's vacuum line that controls the heater's water valve when the ac is running.
Get a piece of rubber hose like the one that connects your line to that valve to join the broken ends together.

just a word of caution regarding that water valve too, they tend to get weak and brittle from age and break easily at the hose connections. I found that out when I was replacing the heater hoses on my 99 3500. My boss has an 01 3500 and his blew apart while driving through town one very hot day last summer.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:57 AM
lorricarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

alloro and Floors-

Thanks so much for your prompt and valuable assistance! Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.