Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

99 Ram Van Oil Pump problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 11:46 AM
spark363
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Ram Van Oil Pump problem?

The check gauges light has been coming on and off in my 99 Ram Van with the 318 engine in it for the last month. It turned out to be the oil pressure gauge. At first I thought it might be an electrical problem with the gauge because it would only go on when I slowed and stoped at a light or a stop sign. The gauge would also just go to zero fast as if the power to it was suddenly taken away. Latlely it happenens when I slow down, go around corners and intermittently as I drive. I even listened to the engine to see if it made any low oil pressure noises (ticking valves). But yesterday as it idled I did hear ticking valves with the gauge down and the chech gauge light on. I brought it home and (ran fine ) parked it. How would I check the oil pressure with an outside add on gauge? Could I buy a set up at Advanced Auto or elsewhere? I'm very mechanical and have done many big car repairs(engines, trans, rears, brakes, etc). Where is a repair link or info if I had to replace the oil pump. Any help would be apprciated

Old 11-23-2005, 03:22 PM
spark363
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Ram Van Oil Pump problem?

Fixed it....new sending unit. Thanks

Quick Reply: 99 Ram Van Oil Pump problem?