Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

no running lights, dash lights 96 b2500

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:35 PM
treyb6789
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no tail lights, dash lights 96 b2500

If I pull the headlight switch **** to the fully on position the headlights come on but there is no dash lights or tail lights. If I press the **** slightly in right before it goes back into the parking light position then press the **** to the right the headlights, tail lights, and dash lights come on but they won’t stay on but just a split second. I’ve replaced the: headlight switch 2X, connector that comes from the wiring harness, the headlight switch ****, I ran a new ground from the switch. I've check the fuses and they are all good, the bulbs are good. Recently as well my parking brake/abs light is staying on and the oil pressure gauge sometimes moves erractically while driving but all fluid levels are fine. I’ve been dealing with this problem for a while now and honestly I’m cool with running my taillights to a special switch to turn them on if necessary, but I don’t know for sure if it will make the dash lights come on as well and honestly I do not know how to wire it in. Any suggestions?

Last edited by treyb6789; 01-08-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-21-2017, 11:25 AM
BlockHeadGearBender
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you made progress with this? Working back to the battery, it looks like instrument illumination is fed by fuse 20 in the fuse block, the headlight switch, fuse 3 in the fuse block, then fuse 14 in the power distribution center. This circuit also powers the rear heater/AC, front heater/AC, cigar, and rear window defogger illumination lamps. There are several ground paths that close to turn on the ABS and brake warning lamps. Rather than go through those, is the fluid level low? I had to replace an oil-pressure sender on a similar model van because of its erratic behavior. There also is the possibility that your electrical gremlins are causing the ABS/brake/oil pressure symptoms you're seeing.

Quick Reply: no running lights, dash lights 96 b2500