Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Wacky Vents - Check Valve part number

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:42 PM
sathington
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wacky Vents - Check Valve part number

2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 130k
Trying to solve my wacky vents issue, I figure I would start with the check valve that is on the passenger side of the engine.

I think the name is the HVAC control check valve but I am having trouble finding the part. No auto-part retailers have it and even a local Dodge dealership said they dont carry it anymore.

If anyone can point me to a place to find it or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2018, 09:21 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are lts of threads here on that particular check valve. The member known as "Moparite" has posted the part number numerous times, I even used it a while ago when fiddling with my own vent problems. Try and private message him on that if you have no other luck finding it in your searches.

I had gone to Napa, and seem to recall the check valve was listed for being a later 90's "Jeep" check valve, not completely identical, but line connections were the same.

If I were you I'd not only start there, but check those vacuum lines running from the side of the intake and each direction they are routed, mine has 2 blacks and one white line into the firewall. They may look good but as was the case for me the lines broke easily in certain areas like a few inches from the fire wall under the hood, where they lead to the dash control. Also check any rubber elbows, T's, Y's, at any connection with those lines for weakness, cracks or too easy to squish etc. follow each line to it's ending point

Old 05-28-2018, 02:16 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for future searches and reference, I found the original box while rummaging in the tool box today. This is the Napa check valve I bought. I am fairly certain it is the same one referenced by Moparite

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP7301349

Old 05-29-2018, 02:58 PM
sathington
Rookie

Awesome, thanks for the reply and info!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 AM
sathington
Rookie

Update: I picked up that part from Napa yesterday and switched them out. Drove it today and problem solved. I wish years ago I knew that the fix was an easily accessible, $6 part.

Thanks again for your help, glad I didn't have to run down this leak through the lines.

Quick Reply: Wacky Vents - Check Valve part number