Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
wegunter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak

Have a 1994 Dodge Ram Conversion Van with 318 CU at 96,000 miles. Runs great but have very small oil leak at bottom of engine case where it mates up to transmission. Suspect a seal in there is going bad. Leak is small but it will mark the driveway. What would the labor costs be to repair the seal? Think I can leave it be for a while? Sounds like a big deal.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I would call around several places in your area and inquire. Labor rates vary wildly depending on your location. Shops have a standard flat labor rate they would charge you. Call them up and ask how much to change the rear main seal. Could be anywhere from a few hundred on up, again, depending on the labor rates.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:19 PM
crjohnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine did same thing. I drive 2-300 miles daily on my business route. I use a product called extreme green that increases my mpg, reduces that dreaded dodge intake gasket oil consumption and has eliminated my rear seal drippage. you can buy it direct from source. You need a distributor referral or pay retail. I drive a 1997 b3500 a lot and sell bottled craft beverages on my route. I start out very heavy and careful. If you want more info my email is crjohnson@wacotx.biz Due to my long driving days I only get to my email 2-3 times weekly. The stuff works very very well. I also had a post about front end repair and that is how I ended on this site.

Quick Reply: Oil Leak