Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

I'm In A Pinch And Could Use Some Direction

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:44 AM
Rex_carsalot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I'm In A Pinch And Could Use Some Direction

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 5.9

Right now there are three DTCs that keep popping up. P 1757, 0113, and 0122.

So I believe the root cause is a bad ground, I could totally be wrong? I am a certified aviation electrician but I am shooting from the hip as I work 7 days a week at the moment and thus I haven't had time to dig in and troubleshoot.

I will give you whatever information you need, I have meters, scopes, and electrical test equipment for days. OBDII scanner with freeze frame I can post.

I can inject any voltage or generated signal/wave form into the circuit and post the output.

I just don't have any free time for the next few months. If someone could save me even an hour of ****ing around I would be grateful!!!

Thanks,
Rex

Old 08-21-2018, 01:54 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

for the po113 air intake temp sensor circuit high here is the fsm test procedure
-with your scan tool read the iat sensor voltage...if it over 4.6 volts; unplug the connector and measure the voltage at the sensor signal wire
-if its over 5.5 volts...you have a short to power on that wire
-if its under 5.5 volts...jumper the signal wire to grd. if the signal now reads under 1.0v replace the sensor.

quicker method is to disconnect the sensor...it should set the high code p0113 as active
measure the voltage to the sensor..should be 5 volts
-jumper the reference wire to the signal wire...should set the low code as active
if you can set both the high and low codes...the wiring is good...replace the sensor. if the sensor doesn't fix it...the pcm may be faulty.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:26 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

P1757 Governor Pressure Above 3 PSI In Gear @ 0 MPH
P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Voltage Too High
P0122 Throttle Position Sensor #1 Voltage Low
I believe the root cause is a bad ground
Why do you think that? The sensors don't use engine ground they are supplied with their own from the pcm. But if you suspect a bad ground check them well, They can effect other things.

Quick Reply: I'm In A Pinch And Could Use Some Direction