Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

AC water drain on 1997 Ram Van B3500

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 05:59 PM
jcaxico
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC water drain on 1997 Ram Van B3500

Hi,
Does anyone know where the AC condensation water drain hose is located in a 1997 Dodge Van B3500?
Thanks

Old 09-17-2018, 11:29 AM
coleydog

Not sure if the same but on my 2001 it's right under the heater box above the fan. This is a major blunder by Dodge IMO. When it drains over time, the water rusts the frame-engine-exhaust header. When I purchased mine last year with 185,000 miles the spark plugs-tubes had rusted so bad it took five hours to remove. The hex eat away so bad I had to grind one down just to get a smaller socket on it. One the center came out leaving the screw in part in the head, luckily an easy out worked. The fix, I used a 3/4 15" plastic hose with a connector from an evacuation box to extend down below the frame, so far so good.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:51 PM
thanh vu

Originally Posted by coleydog
Not sure if the same but on my 2001 it's right under the heater box above the fan. This is a major blunder by Dodge IMO. When it drains over time, the water rusts the frame-engine-exhaust header. When I purchased mine last year with 185,000 miles the spark plugs-tubes had rusted so bad it took five hours to remove. The hex eat away so bad I had to grind one down just to get a smaller socket on it. One the center came out leaving the screw in part in the head, luckily an easy out worked. The fix, I used a 3/4 15" plastic hose with a connector from an evacuation box to extend down below the frame, so far so good.
Where is the heater box please, i would like to add a hose to keep the water away from the frame. Do you have pictures?

Quick Reply: AC water drain on 1997 Ram Van B3500