Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Intake air temperature sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 12:04 PM
Jan64
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake air temperature sensor

Hi,
I'm looking for an intake air temperature sensor for my Dodge RAM VAN 2.5TD from 1999.
I found plenty of them but not for my Dodge.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 03-22-2019, 09:20 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jan64
Hi,
I'm looking for an intake air temperature sensor for my Dodge RAM VAN 2.5TD from 1999.
I found plenty of them but not for my Dodge.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Try rockauto.com, follow the prompts to get the list for your van's year, model and engine... I'm guessing you meant 5.2l engine? not 2.5
Here's a link to 1999 5.2 for example, get the Mopar part if this is what you need
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...re+sensor,5072

Old 03-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Jan64

Hi JFloors,

Thanks for the link, I'll try to find out if it's the corresponding model.

" I'm guessing you meant 5.2l engine? not 2.5"

No, I ment 2.5. That's the way the engine is called in Europe. It means 2.5 Liters (2500 cubic centimeters). I've no idea why it's converted from 5.2 into 2.5. Gallons into Liters does not work.

I'll keep you informed.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM
ramvan61
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy the part that fits the 5.2 it will fit your 2.5? Dodge never made a 1999 with 2.5 unless you entered a vehicle search for the mini van. Check your vehicle info search and see if you entered it correctly and in the correct category.

Last edited by ramvan61; 03-26-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:20 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My apology Jan64, I thought your description might have been a typo (2.5-5.2)... I find these days I will type things backwards at times. i'm not familiar at all with the 2.5 4 cylinder engine
You might go with Ramvan's suggestion to search the mini van section with that engine or the little I viewed, the "K' cars came with that particular engine, Mitsubishi's ??? I never heard of a fullsize dodge van with a 4 cylinder engine offered , Wonder was you van modified, is it a full size ram van or compact? If the electrical connector is the same and the thread I'd imagine it would work... On rockauto, try to cross reference your known sensor to other models with the 2.5 and compare part numbers for compatibility is all I can suggest.
I'd be interested to hear what you find, best of luck to you

Old 03-27-2019, 03:51 AM
Jan64

Originally Posted by ramvan61
I would buy the part that fits the 5.2 it will fit your 2.5? Dodge never made a 1999 with 2.5 unless you entered a vehicle search for the mini van. Check your vehicle info search and see if you entered it correctly and in the correct category.
Hi ramvan61, thanks for your information.
In fact, the only RAM VAN available with the information I have on my car is 2.5TD. I don't know if you qualify it as a mini van. It's a car my brother in law imported in Holland (in 1999 I guess). When he died, I imported it in France. It seems to be the only one in France I was told. When registering in France they had a lot of difficulties to find the correct model and they registered it as a Chrysler Voyager. And indeed it looks like one, but it's a Dodge RAM VAN as written on it.
I'll have an other try to find the right model, The stange thing is that I found a 2500, but when developing the selection it changes in a 5.2.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:07 AM
ramvan61
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2.5 was used in the mid 80's in the Dodge Caravan. That is why thought you had not entered the info correctly in the vehicle search info for parts search. These vans are becoming more and more obsolete part wise. When got my 01 eight years ago it was fairly easy to get OE parts now it requires much more effort to find the good stuff.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:06 AM
Jan64

Hi all of you,
I'll have a look if there's a mini van section or caravan section on the forum. Meanwhile I'll describe my problem here, maybe someone has the good idea :

Strange problem on my 1999 DODGE RAM VAN 2.5L TD (maybe a Caravan or mini van?) :
When driving normally, all in a sudden the accelarator pedal does not work anymore (when pressing it the engin does
not accelerate). Engin continues to run perfectly. Waiting a while does not change anything. Stopping the engin and
restart it a few seconds later eliminates the problem (pedal is working again). Maybe for 10 miles, maybe for 10
yards. Except this problem the engin is running perfectly.
The guy who examined the problem thinks it could the input air temperature sensor since it indicates more than 180
degrees Celsius or >356F (or it should indicate ambiant air temperature or a bit above). He thinks that the
regulator detects abnormal temperature and put it all in save mode. But it could also be the acceleratior pedal
with the potentio sensor. Since the parts of 1999 cars seem quit difficult to find changing all parts seems not a good solution.
Any idea?

Old 03-28-2019, 11:30 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Jan64
I'll have a look if there's a mini van section or caravan section on the forum.
No Ram Van was ever equipped with a 2.5L engine, but the Caravans were.

Here is the Caravan forum: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caravan-23/

Old 03-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Jan64

Thaks alloro, I posted in the correct section now.

Quick Reply: Intake air temperature sensor