Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Barndoor Seals

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 11:50 AM
jumper.cables
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Barndoor Seals

What years would barn door seals be the same? Lots of folks make replacements for the driver and passenger side, but not for the side and rear barn doors... thinking about hitting a junkyard in search of some newer ones that might fit an '84 B350. Thoughts? Thanks.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:24 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper.cables
What years would barn door seals be the same? Lots of folks make replacements for the driver and passenger side, but not for the side and rear barn doors... thinking about hitting a junkyard in search of some newer ones that might fit an '84 B350. Thoughts? Thanks.

I've never used old seals, and I'm really che...er...thrifty. It's just too much hassle. You may have to glue generic seals in but you can also try https://www.autopartswarehouse.com They may have what you need. I've gotten some parts made out of unobtainium from them before.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:37 PM
jumper.cables
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I've checked all the major sites and makers... lots of "universal" parts, but nothing specifically for B-van barn doors... now if this were a Chevy.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper.cables
Thanks. I've checked all the major sites and makers... lots of "universal" parts, but nothing specifically for B-van barn doors... now if this were a Chevy.

Get some mineral spirits and gorilla snot. Then you'll be needing some universal weather strip. The gorilla snot is called 3 weatherstrip adhesive and is a nasty looking yellow. (Hence the nick name) The mineral spirits is to get it off your hands as it is REALLY aggressive adhesive..

Quick Reply: Barndoor Seals