Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dog house bolt size for 02 Ram Van?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 05:11 PM
02RamVanMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dog house bolt size for 02 Ram Van?

Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts on the dog house that hold it down in the passenger compartment? My 02 Ram van is missing them and it is not causing a problem, but I want to mount a tablet holder in the hole. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Old 05-09-2021, 05:34 AM
Vanner

Looks like there might be two different sized bolts. https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/part...s/console.html

Anyway, part number 2 in that diagram says it's a 3/8" - 16 bolt with a 1.25" length for four of the bolts. There's another bolt (no. 6) that is shown in that diagram, but isn't listed for some reason.

Last edited by Vanner; 05-09-2021 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:57 PM
02RamVanMan

Thanks. Yeah, I need number 6 there and it is not listed anywhere I can find. I even have a full set of manuals for this van.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Vanner

I went and checked my van and apparently it's missing at least two of it's bolts/screws, and I'm not positive which bolts/screws that I have. The two bolts/screws that I have have are a 1/2" slotted hex washer self tapping or perhaps tapered machine screw. The 1/2" was the size of socket needed to remove the screw and not the thickness. The shank thickness was not 3/8" of an inch, but was smaller like maybe 1/4". The length was 1.25 inches. So, I'm not much help. I did notice that if you look at item 3 in that mopar parts giant link that it mentions a plastic drop in nut for a "0.312"(5/16") screw. which is supposed to match the 0.375"(3/8") number 2 screw. So, that appears contradictory if the number 2 is supposed to screw into the number 3 as they are both different sizes. This to me suggests that there may be a misprint in the exploded diagram in that mopar parts giant link.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't really help you out here. I guess you could try a junkyard if the Dodge dealer can't help.

Quick Reply: Dog house bolt size for 02 Ram Van?