Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1993 B350 cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 10:30 AM
Zekenator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 B350 cruise control

Hi all, first post here.

I have a 1993 Dodge B350 RoadTrek camper van with the 318. In great shape, but the cruise control loses speed sometimes. Sometimes it holds.

Has anyone messed with the factory cruise control on these? In my mind, a vacuum leak would make the CC lose speed *all* the time, not intermittently. Which leaves (I think) only the cruise control servo...is that right? Thanks all

Old 07-18-2021, 09:13 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Zekenator
Hi all, first post here.

I have a 1993 Dodge B350 RoadTrek camper van with the 318. In great shape, but the cruise control loses speed sometimes. Sometimes it holds.

Has anyone messed with the factory cruise control on these? In my mind, a vacuum leak would make the CC lose speed *all* the time, not intermittently. Which leaves (I think) only the cruise control servo...is that right? Thanks all

I'll bet you have a dry rotted hose that leaks part time. It will get worse and eventually quit working at all. Trace them and squeeze lightly. If one feels crumbly, that might be your culprit.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:21 AM
Eric Hursh
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 96 was doing that but the vents for the AC were also switching to defrost when the van was under load . I replaced the check valve that is close to the throttle body and shrink wrapped one vanum idle under the passenger side headlight . Fixed both issues . By the way the check valve only blew one way so ut appeared good even with a mighty vac . The mopar replacement valve has a larger diameter

Old 07-28-2021, 11:02 AM
Van Zeppelin
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a 2-Piece speedo cable ?
My 89 with Cruise used a 2-Piece speedo cable with a speed sensor mounted in between them.

If you have that arrangement - check your CEL Code History (key dance) for a code 15

Quick Reply: 1993 B350 cruise control