Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Blower fan Resistor Change

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 04:47 PM
Mostly Blind
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blower fan Resistor Change

Since I only had high speed on the cabin fan, I found out about changing the 'blower/fan resistor instead of changing out the in cabin switch. I couldn't get the resistor out of its home in the a/c box (plenum?) due to a/c lines so, I decide to open the box.

Yeah, right. The engineer who designed that piece of equipment is related to Satan himself. There is no way that I could get that last screw on that far back corner so I did a bit of surgery on the box and modified it somewhat . At least I was able to clean 20 years of crud from the evaporator coil and that should help some with air flow in the cabin.

If you have never had the joy of trying to accomplish that task, you are in for a real treat.

Mostly Blind

Old 09-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Dodge01hgm
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the low speed relay is located where, its hard to change, where did you get the blower relay

Old 09-11-2022, 08:30 AM
Mostly Blind
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodge01hgm
so the low speed relay is located where, its hard to change, where did you get the blower relay
The relay is located inside the a/c box on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Mine was difficult due to a/c lines and screws that were impossible for me to reach, although your mileage may vary.

I got the part from Amazon.

Cheers.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:55 AM
Dodge01hgm
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got it , thanks

Quick Reply: Blower fan Resistor Change