Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

tail light interior covers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 12:57 AM
andyrose
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tail light interior covers?

I'm converting a 2001 Dodge Ram Van 1500 into a camper van. I'm trying to make sure that there are no areas that let water into the van when it rains. The tail lights, for one, seem to need some caulking around the housing because when it rains water comes in pretty easily, but more than that, I'm missing the rectangle covers that go on the interior of the van that covers where the connections are for the tail lights. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can cover the rectangle openings that go to the tail lights that will be water-tight, but also removable in case I would ever need to open it up and access it for some reason? (or maybe I wouldn't need to open them up and can just access from the outside?) I'm totally new to this so any advice is welcome! Thank you!

Old 08-23-2022, 07:37 AM
Busted Nuckles
Professional
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I would go to the junk yard and get some used ones. If I remember right they adhere using double faced tape. I know because I was missing one too and that is what I ended up doing.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:16 AM
andyrose
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Busted Nuckles
I would go to the junk yard and get some used ones. If I remember right they adhere using double faced tape. I know because I was missing one too and that is what I ended up doing.
Thanks for the advice! I did go to the junkyard and found some on a van that was there, but it looked like they were riveted on (even though they are plastic). So it seemed like they were going to break if I tried to take them off. That was a while back but I could try another junk yard and see if I can find anything.

Quick Reply: tail light interior covers?