Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Quick check needed: 1990 B350

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:01 AM
Ray Bell
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Quick check needed: 1990 B350

Hi folks...

I'm about to fly out of Australia to pick up my campervan, which is a 1990 B350.

What I need to know is whether or not there is a rubber grommet in the floor just ahead of the accelerator pedal, in the case of manuals this was for the clutch linkage to go through the floor, but I don't know what year that finished. I do know that a little later than my 1987 model they fitted a hydraulic clutch on manuals, so that would have meant a different floor pressing.

I need to find a means of getting power through the firewall/floor to run my inverter and extra power sources. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Today, 06:54 AM
Ray Bell
Veteran

Here's a pic of the floor of my '87 model...

As can be seen, if it's the same as this there'd be an oval-shaped plug in the floor just ahead of the accelerator pedal in line with the steering column.

Is the 1990 model the same?

Old Today, 07:40 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts

If the manual transmission was an option in that chassis I would highly suspect there is some type of plug/plate that can be removed. If not, nothing a hole saw would make quick work of in more ideal locating.

Old Today, 08:32 AM
Ray Bell
Veteran

Unfortunately, I won't have a hole saw at my disposal, at least not in the immediate sense...

I pick up the van and start driving next Tuesday, right now I'm in Queensland and such equipment isn't the kind of thing you carry with you on a plane. My own van was built as an automatic and I fitted the manual transmission stuff from a slant 6 powered B100 or similar. The hole was there and it must have had some kind of plug in it, the problem is I don't know if that was still the case on the 1990 model.

I'm pretty sure there was a manual transmission available on this model, but I'm thinking it had the hydraulic clutch. If that's the case, a blanking plate somewhat higher on the firewall is quite likely.

Old Today, 08:44 AM
Ray Bell
Veteran

I just looked back at a previous thread where we had a discussion about my conversion to the NV4500 and 89RamVan posted pics of his hydraulic clutch setup for me...

They do seem to show that there will be a hole up there for the master cylinder, looking from the engine bay side...

And somewhat harder to interpret from the inside:

That's the support for the steering column and pedal mounts across the top of that pic with a kind of shield hiding most of the important bits, that looks like it's there so you don't snag the works with your accelerator foot.

Old Today, 08:44 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts

So I did a little looking, it appears the 3.9L V6 was optional with a 5spd manual, but the V8 was not. My information isn't 100% obviously however being it was an option in the chassis I would expect the provisions to be there unless they made a completely different body for the V6.

When looking up the clutch linkage is lists master and slave so it would appear that it is hydraulic also as you suspected

My information is all USA biased as well, never know what Dodge was willing to export to other countries and not offer us. They did enough of it in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Quick check needed: 1990 B350