Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

V6 Magnum idling problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:10 AM
BlueVanACD2005
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 Magnum idling problems

Anyone ever had any idling problems on the V6 Magnum? I drove it one night, and it was fine. Next morning I start it, it starts up then stalls right away. So I start it again, this time giving it some gas, and it was fine for a few hours. Later that day it wouldn't even stay running unless your foot was giving it some throttle. It seemed like it had a vacuum leak and couldn't idle well. Couldn't find any leaks, though. I've had this van for over a year and never had it do anything like this. It didn't have a screw or anything on the throttle body, just this little "pin" type thing that the cam hits when it is idling. It wasn't really adjustable. All I did was put a zip-tie around the pin so it could idle high enough to actually run. It is fine now, but I still wonder what did it.

Any ideas?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: V6 Magnum idling problems

Hey! I hope that pin wasn't the IAC module!

Anyways, you will need to check out the IAC and clean it. It's one of the common things that get dirty with carbon to mess up the idle.

See the cleaning procedure found here in the forums.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_525409/tm.htm

Quick Reply: V6 Magnum idling problems