Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dies, Runs, Dies, Runs..................

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:24 PM
hillsoftn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dies, Runs, Dies, Runs..................

Have a 92 Dodge Ram Van 1 ton with 5.9 ltr 360 engine. Van runs for hours then suddenly dies, may restart in 5 minutes, may be 2 hours. Then van runs for 30 minutes then suddenly dies (while driving down the road). Again may start in 5 minutes, maybe 3 hours. Again runs for an hour or so then suddenly dies. Computer check is giving me codes 11, 12, & 37. I have just recently replaced the computer, the cam shaft sensor, new plugs and wires, and not to long ago the distributor and the rotar in the distributor. Any suggestions on where to start to correct the sudden and intermitant stalling without having to replace another 10 parts before I find the problem. Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:38 AM
hillsoftn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dies, Runs, Dies, Runs..................

okay, how about any input on the next 5 parts to try. Per the other post this is obviously not an isolated problem on these vans.
Before I replaced the computer, the van wouldn't start at all. After replacing it ran good for about a week, now the random stalling out. Could the computer I replaced be bad again?

Old 10-15-2006, 01:26 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts
Default RE: Dies, Runs, Dies, Runs..................

crank position sensor... good place to start.

Quick Reply: Dies, Runs, Dies, Runs..................