Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

wiring harness for stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:46 AM
rod_tremblay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness for stereo?

Hey was wondering if anyone knows where i can order a wiring harness to install a new sony deck in my 84 ram van. I found the dash kit on ebay but i cant find the harness i need? thx

Old 11-14-2006, 06:16 AM
IGadget
Professional
Default RE: wiring harness for stereo?

Probably have to hunt a yard for an 84-87 van that actually had a radio, neither of mine have. Easier would probably be to find any harness that works on the radio and wire it in as needed. I've found that Grouned Computer power cords with the ends lopped off are preaty good for running through the hinge area since they are 16 Gague copper and are individually insulated as well as being in a common sheath. Run black and white to the speakers, and tie the green off on either side as a strain relief. 88 though I think 92 used a flexable hose that gromets into the same holes that are on the 83-87 models if you want to hide your ghetto wiring job.

Other than the speaker wires, you want to find an ignition hot plug for power, and an always hot plug for the memory/clock wire. there are at least one of each in the harness already. I know there is an always hot 3 position bullet socket red in color located behind the panel below the headlight switch. I think there is a yellow one behind where the radio goes for ICN power. There should also be a L shaped connector (2 connections) in that area for the radio provision.

Yes I have spent way to much time in the dash, it has been 2 years since I took the pad out.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:25 AM
rod_tremblay
Default RE: wiring harness for stereo?

sounds good thanks man....yeah it had a stereo in it so there is a harness in there with all the wires to it. I was just wondering how to wire in my deck but i figured it out... obviously the power wire should be there somewhere if there was a deck in there recently? thx...

Quick Reply: wiring harness for stereo?