Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

07 ram running bad need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:10 PM
lilwhit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 ram running bad need help!!!

i just had the flowmaster turn downs put on my 2007 dodge ram and i notice when i am crusing at any speed and when i am barely on the gas the truck sounds like it is about to stall out or like it is missing kinda or like it is under a big load. but when i turn the overdrive off or the tow hual on it does not do it. its not the low rpm's ,sounds like it switchs into another gear that is very low but it is not!!

when i give it a bit more gas it will come out of it!!
please help any info would be great!!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
ryjack
Default RE: 07 ram running bad need help!!!

Yeah, it's called MDS. That fuel economy addition Dodge put on their Hemi. It runs fine, if you don't like it that much, leave the tow mode on, on take off the flowmaster exhaust, it doesn't do anthing for power anyways, it's just obnoxious.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Teggy_Boy

It an '07 and you're asking an online forum?! You're *** shoulda' been at the dealer if you think you have an issue (assuming the exhaust system is legal and does not void the warranty *ie removing the cats)... Good luck with it. If the above post is correct then you have no need to worry. I think the MDS is the multiple displacement system (where it shuts of 4 cylinders)

Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
sharpshooter
Veteran

No need for the dealer to get involved on this trust me when mine started doin this after the exhaust I was at the dealer enuff for both of us... MDS is total BS and hopefully they will come out with a flash to keep this from happening until after a certain speed or something

Old 04-05-2007, 04:55 AM
canram
Rookie

What grade of gas are you using? The new Hemi is very sensetive to the octane rating. Anything other than 89 (both higher and lower) and my Ram will acts like it's about to die, sputtering and vibrating all over the place.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
wyorat

I run without the MDS in tow/haul mode in my 07 1500 QC. I also run 86 octane. I'm at 6000ft+ and the lower octane runs fine. I'll upgrade if I start to get any pinging. I just don't get the inconsistancies in these new Rams. A lot of people are having problems that I'm not experiencing. MDS problems, vibration in 4x4, tranny issues, etc...Guess I lucked out. Still, I think quality control with Chrysler should be renamed qaulity out of control. Someone need to have a sit down with their engineers and plant assembly managers. [>:]

Old 04-08-2007, 06:26 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

I also haven't experienced any of these problems. I prefer to keep my vehicles as close to 100% stock as possible and maintainted well so that may be a factor.

I'm willing to bet MOST people who experience problems are those that have modified the wheels/suspension or intake/exhaust.

Quick Reply: 07 ram running bad need help!!!