Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Brake and abs light

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
jont
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake and abs light

Hello all, I need help. Just bought my first dodge truck. An 04slt3500 cummins 4x4 quad cab a month ago. Love the power of the cummins.
My problem is I had 4:10 gears. My buddy has a 06 megacab 2500 4x4 cummins. I wanted better economy and he wanted the 4:10 gears. So we did a complete swap of the both axles. Everying is working fine except the abs and brake light stay on. The front axles had different electrical connectors for the abs brakes. We kept the wirepart going to the rotors on the axles and just spliced the 06 connectors to the 04 truck and vice versa. The lights still stays on.

Can anyone recommed a fix orwhat is wrong?

Thanks
jon

Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Default RE: Brake and abs light

You should have researched the possibilities of problemsbefore you did this project.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 PM
jont
Default RE: Brake and abs light

I did research the project. The only difference were the connectors. The wire colors were the same on each truck so I was told to leave the wire coming out of the rotor and splice the connectors right side for the right and left for the left. Everything works fine except the warning lights for the abs and brake comes on intermittingly.

Quick Reply: Brake and abs light