Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

retractable bed cover question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
curt20902
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retractable bed cover question

I know there's already been a lot of discussion on this forum about tonneau covers - I've searched the archives and read most of it. But I have a couple of questions I haven't seen addressed. Hopefully someone can help.

I'm trying to decide between 3 covers:

-Roll Bak retractable
-Fold-A-Cover
-Retrax

1) Does anyone have any experience with the RollBak or the Fold-A-Cover? I've seena lot of positive comments about the Retrax but almost nothing about the other two. The Retrax is the only one I've seen in person and I actually was not impressed. The guides along the bed rails looked kind of cheesy - but I was not sure if maybe I just saw a poor installation.
2) One of my main concerns is good performance in wet and freezing weather. Where I live in Maryland, it's not unusual to get a lot of rain overnight and then have a bed full of ice in the morning. Will these covers leak in the rain? Will water freeze in the drain tracks and/or cannister so they cannot be opened until it warms up?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: retractable bed cover question

get the tri fold cover, i absoluetely love mine, its made by rugged cover

Quick Reply: retractable bed cover question