Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

lify kit problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Hemi Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lify kit problems

I got a problem im buying a ram 1500 quad cab in a couple of months and im looking for a good lift kit to put on. What kinds are good ones to get and give me some info on them.
i was thinking a 10-12" lift but my buddy said i shouldnt cuz it will give me problems like the engine not being able 2 hull it and the brakes and tires and crap liek that so i wanted your opinion on it.
my original plan was like a 10-12" lift and 40-42" tires super swamper or something like that need help with that to.
id be riding it alot on the road and some off road so input would be apreshiated thanks

Old 09-07-2004, 12:39 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lify kit problems

The one thing i can tell you right away is to have your check book ready. As far as i have found the new ram 1500 is the most expensive of the big 3 to lift. I have an 03 hemi 1500 and i am looking at about $4000 for a 6" pro comp lift with 35" x 12" MT Claw Radials on the factory rims, installed. If i want new rims it's obviously more. Not to mention the choice of lift kits is very limited. I think the problem is the torsion bars. Ford kits for their new f150 dont seem to be as expensive. I assume this is because it has front springs rather than torsion bars like Dodge and Chevy.
If anyone knows anything different please let me know.

Out

Quick Reply: lify kit problems