Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

suspension lift question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004 | 10:56 PM
Mikeg1005
|
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension lift question.

Hey everyone I am thinking about putting a 3" suspension lift on my Ram(specs below) I was planning on doing this, 3" spring coils in front with new longer shocks, then in the back I was going to get longer shocks and either shackles or AAL of 1" or 2" or something like that. I know the back would sit 1" higher with 2" but its ok. My question is what brand/model of all this, springs,shocks, etc. should I look at for my truck.

Thanks, MIke.

Old 09-09-2004 | 03:10 AM
94ram4x4 5.9
Professional
Default RE: suspension lift question.

In my opinion the Rancho lift would be the best bet for a 3" lift..i would also opt for the new 9000 series remote control shocks, but at least a 5000 series(Rancho)...also i don't know if you have heard or seen the coil spacers or just getting a body lift? The dodge body is not noticable like the chevy's when a body lift is installed....hope i could help you decide some.....make sure that you factor in what you will use it for and what size tires you are wanting to run...

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:52 PM
Mikeg1005
|
Professional

I am thinking about doing a 3" suspesion lift since that is the limit that I can go to without having to do pitman drop and track bar drop etc. I was thinking about doing 3" spring coils in the front, I found Skyjackers for 140 dollars. Does anyone know a better price? Then I was going to get longer shocks which I am undecided about. For the rear I was thinking about going up 2" but I am still undecided of what I am going to do. I know that you can do AAL but what other options are there and how do they work, I was thinking about shackles.

MIke.

Old 09-10-2004 | 03:52 AM
94ram4x4 5.9
Professional

If you are going to be rough on the truck at all...i would just go for a package deal(springs up front and blocks in back)...I wouldn't get longer shackels! It all really depends on what you want to spend and how much abuse you are going to put the truck through...and also, but also more importantly, what do you think your truck would benefit most from? Sorry if I am not helping but you need to be a lot more specific on what you want it to be like completed i.e.(tire size, look, accesories, safety, reliability)..just let me know, i would be more than happy to help in any way that i can

Old 11-08-2004 | 11:42 PM
lifted97

I would definately just get a kit, rather than piece your own together. I installed the Rancho 3" kit on my truck, and am very happy with it. It only cost me $300 for the kit and $150 for the shocks, all from summitt. The biggest advantage with getting the kit is it gives you new longer lower control arms, which really makes the handling better than just putting taller coils or coil spacers in.

Quick Reply: suspension lift question.