Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Power seat Wiring/specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 06:40 PM
bigcahuna_us
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat Wiring/specs

<P align=center><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ff0000 size=3>just got some power seats and cannot connect to Ram 1500 fuse box need wiring harness from the fuse box to the seat. Can anyone point me the right way? Or is there anyone that knows of electrical specs on the 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, need help.</FONT></P>

Old 12-30-2003, 07:14 PM
mazz
Veteran

Don't know if this is what you want, but it would work. First off, you will more than likely have to make your own wiring harness, unless the manufacture of the seats has the available for the Ram.</P>

Most automotive parts stores carry a "fuse tap" made either by Buss or Little Fuse. You need to know the physical size of the fuses in your fuse block in order to obtain the correct size tap. The tap has two fuse plug ins. You locate a fuse in the block that you want to tap into. Remove that fuse from the block, and relocate it into the fuse tap (location according to the instructions). The device you are adding the circuit for, would then have its fuse located in the other location on the tap. The tap then plugs in the fuse block at the location of the original fuse. Just make sure you use a wire gage adequate for the task. The other side of the circuit would be the ground. You would simply run that wire from the powered device to a good solid ground.</P>

Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 PM
bigcahuna_us

Sounds good the only problem is that splicing wire is notgood here in our climate oxidation &amp; humidity area large benefactorthat affect electicalequipment and to not have a way to disconnect the wiring when needed would be painful. I'd rather find the original wiring and just connect it from the seat to the trucks existing wire panel. I have been in contact with the local Dodge dealer and they cannot come up with a part number. I need to find a truck that has 6 positioin power seat w/o heat and see of there is a part number on the actual wiring connecting the powerseat to the truck, thanks.

Quick Reply: Power seat Wiring/specs