Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Temporary Loss of Power!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
exsumis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temporary Loss of Power!

Today i was driving to up to school in my 2005 Dodge Ram 5.7L, everything was going okay until I hit a couple stop signs, then I lost about all of my power. My truck would rev up to 4k RPM befor it ever started to accelerate and my malfunction idicator would blink when i would press the gas. Once i let off the gas the light would stop blinking and go away. So i made it up to the school, went in took a quick test and drove down to the dealership. On the drive down to the dealership everything was normal, I had all of my power back and the light wasnt on. The dealership had one of their techs come out and check to see if there was any codes and there wasnt any, he looked over the engine and took it for a quick drive and found no problems. So can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? The only mods I have done so far to my engine are: AEM cold air intake and throtle body spacer, and Magnaflow exhaust. Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:53 PM
DURTGURL81
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Temporary Loss of Power!

hey there sorry to hear about your loss of power.
that happened to me twice. once because my transmission ate itself. but it didnt show problems right away untill it was too late. then the seocnd time i had low oil preassure because i had gone on a cross country trip, and it ate up oil, and i didn notice it right away till i saw the oil preassure guage just drop off like that.
i dont know if your model dodge has the self diagnostics, but if it does. look into that, and see if it pops up with a code. sometimes it will even if the light isnt on. and then from there you can diagnose your problems as well. reving that high is usually a sign of a tranny problem. maybe you have low fluid in there. but give it a good look over. i dont always trust a dealership anyway.hope things get better.
shannon

Quick Reply: Temporary Loss of Power!