Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

White Smoke

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Jacob1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Smoke

My truck has started to white smoke out the exhaust, actually it's kinda bluish. At low throttle, like backing up a trailer or parking really amps it up. But if i drive for a minute or two at mid to wide throttle (highway) it will stop from the passenger side but the drivers will still smoke a little. What could cause it? Can't be mixture because i have injectors. It was so bad that i couldn't stand to unhook my trailer today. I only have an accel high pereformance coil and an open element air cleaner added. No high-po injectors or any thing like that. Again, plz help me to fiqure it out. I'm afraid my engine is going bad.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:09 PM
ccanales
Amateur
Default RE: White Smoke

Bluish smoke usually means oil burning. Maybe the intake gasket is leaking, letting oil into the engine. Taking the TB off would show you. Usually I only get smoke like that after putting Seafoam into the engine.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:44 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be the plenum gasket also. Search for plenum and it will give you a lot of topics on it. I would try that.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
viperboyNY

head gasket damage

Quick Reply: White Smoke