Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Is this a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
oldbluetruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good buy?

Hello to all. I am a new member and looking forward to interacting with everyone.

I am a truck owner and am considering buying my first Dodge. I am posting a link to the truck. It has a ton of miles on it but is in really good condition so I have to assume that most of the miles are highway. Engine is a 4.7 which I know nothing of the reliability on for engines with 134,000 miles. Please give me your opinions of the truck and what I should expect to pay for it.

Thanks, Carl

Hope the link works.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Old 07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
nascarnut
Professional
Default RE: Is this a good buy?

For having that many miles and that price, I'd say try to find you something with fewer miles. The 4.7L is ok, but the HEMI is what you will want. Alot of people kick themselves for not getting a HEMI. THey're just sweet motors. Other than that, good lookin truck, just alittle to pricey.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:01 PM
highline9
Rookie

I'd say not. Got the same year (although not 4.7) with 60K for $7500.I opted for the V6 (ok...go..HAHAHAHA) with a near flawless body. Like mentioned before, probably keep shopping and get a da** HEMI.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:18 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if you use the tab on that page for kelly blue book, it says the truck is only worth 9700 (for good condition) up to 10,500 (for excellent).

Old 07-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Buck Nekkid

I'd pass too. I bought a '98 4x4 with the 5.9 Magnum V-8 three weeks ago. It has only 79K miles, and EVERY bell and whistle. Out the door, $7500! Go to www.autotrader.com and www.craigslist.org I'm sure you'll find a Dodge Ram at a much better price. Just keep looking! It took me over 6 months to find my Ram, but it is exactly what I wanted and a decent price.

Buck Nekkid

Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
oldbluetruck

I did not buy that one, I bought an '02 that looks like new inside and out. 4x4, SLT, Chrome Wheels, 74k mile, 4.7, chrome steel tube running boards and tons of options. This truck was never used as a truck. Factory bedliner looks brand new. Use by an older couple to tool around in.

Cost just over $13K.

Carl

Click Here for photos

Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking truck

Quick Reply: Is this a good buy?