Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

06 Ram Push Button not working???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
NightRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Ram Push Button not working???

Hey guys I recently purchased a 1500 Ram Night Runner I cant seem to get the push button to work. I tryed puting my seat belt on turning the key to the on position and trying to use the button. I tryed holding the break I can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas??

Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 Ram Push Button not working???

This might sound funny, but is it connected. Maybe the wires came loose from the button. Maybe the last owner (if your the second owner) disconnected it for some unknow reason. try that first.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
NightRam

I feel so weird working on this truck lol since its so new my dakota was my last truck I knew every little thing about it anyways I dont wanna tear anything apart but is the connection im looking for behind the button or in the dash or engine bay somewhere I look it over and see.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 PM
NightRam

Ok I got the piece of dash off and no harness is connected into the push button. Last owner seem to remove it. Is there a way I can take the 2 wires and hook them up tothe button some how or is there a harnessI could get somewhere? The button has a male connector on it I just need the female harness.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean that the 2 wires are cut or the plug has been torn off? Do you see the 2 wires that you need to use? If you see the wires, try to buy the correct plug, if not, try to search under the dash and see if you can find it. if you can find the plug that will make your life alot easier. But if you want to try fixing it without the plug, you could get to female connectors and splice them onto the 2 wires and just put those on. Hope this helped ya, im just not really sure what you found besides that the wires were not plugged in.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
NightRam

Ok I looked up under there tonight and found the correct wire this time but they are cut. The wire I found I believe this time are for the button. The wire has 4 wires on one end and on the other end of this wire it has a ground which is still grounded and a black wire with a red strip with a fuse connected to it. The other side of the wire has a red, yellow, green, and black. I looked around under the dash for wires where they were cut but didnt find anything. This is turning into a nightmare lol and I just want it to work.

Quick Reply: 06 Ram Push Button not working???