Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HEMI cam upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 04:58 PM
cdover73
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEMI cam upgrade

Does anyone know if there is a cam upgrade for the HEMI yet? I hate to admit it, but I am starting to get bored with the stock power of my truck. Just wondering if anything is out there to improve hp.

Thanks,

Old 10-20-2004, 05:54 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HEMI cam upgrade

You might want to check with Hughes engine. I know they regrind cams and perhaps have something for the Hemi now.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:44 PM
moparturd
Banned

I screwed up. It's not Hughes, but I know I've read it somewhere that someone was doing it. Let me see if I can find it and I'll post it.

Old 10-21-2004, 03:30 AM
chfjim
Veteran

actually if you contact hughes they will regrind your cam to what your looking for! the other option for cheap power is nitrous! yeah ya gotta be careful but instant power and fun!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:51 PM
red shelby z
Rookie

Comp Cams has the cores in and will custom grind one for $320, see comp cams at www.compcams.com. get the phone# for the tech line.

What we need is a HEMI EDIT system for the computer where we can change everything, not just a basic prgmr that only adds 20HP. If we ever get a program like this, you'll forget about the cam most likely.

If you check into the article that popular hot rodding did it shows where each PHR guy got to build their own HEMI engine and put it on the dyno and see it perform, the one PHR guy was reporting his engine dyno was showing way over 400 HP at the crank, keep in mind these engines are unrestricted when in the DC test facility on the engine dyno........now if we could unrestrict ours to get over 400 at the crank, we could get 300 + at the wheels! Then some simple mods to get even more.

Old 10-24-2004, 08:16 PM
moparturd
Banned

If there's to be one it's going to come from the aftermarket. Dc doesn't want a Hemi that would compete with the SRT-10. All we can do is hope someone can figure out the code.

Quick Reply: HEMI cam upgrade